Monday, March 2, 2009

My great deals at Walgreens & Albertson's this morning

How much do you think I paid for everything pictured here this morning? Mentally put in the picture two boxes of Blink eye drops. They are not in the photo because my store was already out this morning, so my sweet hubby bought the 2 boxes at another Walgreens on his way to work.

Retail cost of everything pictured here (including the Blink eye drops not pictured): $57.65
My cost after coupons: $24.52
Register Rewards received back: $26.58

TOTAL: overage of $2.06!!!! I actually got paid to buy this stuff!

Want to know how to do this? Here is the breakdown:

Walgreens

Blink Tears Eye Drops 0.33-0.5 oz $7.99
Use $2/1 from 3/1 (yesterday's) RP
$7.99 RR after purchase
$1.50 OVERAGE

Colgate Toothpaste Max Fresh or Max White $3.49
Use Colgate Adult or Kid’s Toothpaste, any 4 oz. or larger .75/1 (5-31-09) SS-2/22
Get $3.49 RR after purchase
.55 OVERAGE

Vaseline Intensive Care Rescue Lotion $2.69
Use Vaseline lotion product, any 200 ml or larger except Renewal or Glow $1.25/1 (3-15-09) RP-1/18
Get $2 RR after purchase
$.31 OVERAGE

Sambucol $12.99
Use $10 March EasySaver Coupon in the EasySaver Booklet
Use $4/1 Sambucol Printable Coupon (thanks Monica!)
$1.01 OVERAGE

Nabisco Ritz Crackers 4-8 oz on sale B1G1F (2/$1.99)
Use Nabisco Ritz, Wheat Thins or Triscuit, any varieties $2/2 (3-31-09) SS-1/25
FREE

Then I found a Dora toothbrush I bought for my daughter on clearance for $1.75, and I used a .75/1 coupon (remember to always take your other coupons with you when you shop so you can get deals you find unexpectedly!)

Armed with my $10.58 in Register Rewards from Walgreens, I headed across the street to Albertson's to get:

Kellogg's Frosted Flakes Cereal
$1/2 printable from here
.67 cents a box

Yogo's Kellogg's fruit snacks
Use Kellogg's Fruit Snacks, any $1/2 (3/29/09) RP-2/1
$1.17 each when you buy 2

Premium Saltines
.97 with in-store coupon

Albertson's takes Walgreen's Register Rewards. They are competitor coupons. So I got all that stuff free!

I still have $20 worth of Register Rewards I can use on a future purchase at either Walgreens or Albertson's!

Tips on using Register Rewards
Walgreens FAQ
Walgreens March 2009 Easy Saver Booklet

There are also several free after rebate items at Walgreens this month:

Advanced Memory Formula 45 ct soft gels $19.99
FREE after Rebate

Axe Hair Care $5.99
FREE after Rebate

Wal-Zyr 24 hour Allergy Relief 5ct $3.99
FREE after Rebate

Extra Strength Headache Relief 20ct gel, Walgreens Brand $2.99
FREE after Rebate

I usually wait until later in the month to get those to see if coupons come out to match up with a sale price. No rush on those items.
Share/Save/Bookmark

1 comment:

Rachelle's site said...

That's so awesome! I need to go shopping I guess.

Related Posts with Thumbnails