Sunday, March 1, 2009

Time to think about your garden

It's time to start thinking about your garden! Planting a garden, no matter the size, can save you significant money at the grocery store. Not to mention how you can have peace of mind knowing what you are eating because you grew it, and you know what's in it!

Remember my post on Square Foot Gardening?

I recently started some of my seedlings inside and my broccoli and cauliflower are already sprouting! In a couple of weeks I will be planting peas, lettuce, spinach, and onions outside. I can't wait to have my own fresh produce in my backyard.

I found this FANTASTIC blog today, all about Square Foot Gardening! Since I garden this way, I am all over it. Check her blog out! She has all sorts of gardening info for everyone.

What can you plant right now? It depends on where you live. Check out this new blog above and my previous post on SFG and the links at the bottom of the post. Those will get you started. I also recommend calling your local county extension office. They can give you local gardening information as well.
Share/Save/Bookmark

1 comment:

Heather said...

i just came across the blog too. i love it. i need to get started on seedlings. it's a little overwhelming to me though. i may throw some questions your way when i get my brain together.

Related Posts with Thumbnails