Monday, August 24, 2009

Make It Monday: Triple C

Remember the Post cereal sale? I stocked up on a lot of Shredded Wheat biscuits because I love to make this cereal. This is a recipe I grew up with. My grandma made it all the time, and so my mom followed suit. Grandma called it "Chewy Cold Cereal" but I grew up calling it "Triple C." This is seriously one of my favorite cereals ever! I hope you like it too.

Triple C
Take 12 Shredded Wheat biscuits and put them in a large bowl.

Use your hands (clean, of course) to break them up. I don't like large chunks so I smash them up really well, like this.

After this is done, add the following ingredients:
1 c. raw, hulled sunflower seeds (not salted)
2 c. oats, quick or regular
1/2 c. dry milk
1/2 c. brown sugar
1/2 c. wheat germ
1/2 c. milled flax seed

Use a large spoon to mix together and smash up the brown sugar good all throughout. The end result looks like this:

I want to make more just posting about this! I love topping my bowl with fresh berries, especially blueberries and strawberries. Bananas are good with it too. I also love the sunflower seeds in it so I always add more than 1 cup.

ENJOY!



Share/Save/Bookmark

2 comments:

Ashlee said...

I really liked this cereal when your mom made it. But I kinda felt like a cow eating my grain...because it is so chewy and wholesome!

Marne said...

It is chewy, but not that bad Ashlee! I add more sunflower seeds for more texture. You could also add more nuts. If you like Shredded Wheat you will love this cereal!

Related Posts with Thumbnails