Friday, December 26, 2008

Frugal Living Friday: Using Free Samples

Welcome to Frugal Living Friday! Each week I will feature a tip that can help us stretch our budget and live more frugally! If you have a tip that you want shared on Frugal Living Friday, let me know and you could become a guest blogger for a day.


I have posted before about free samples. They are easy to get and very resourceful to have on hand! Starting in 2009 would be a great time to begin your collection of free samples to keep on hand for emergencies, 72 hour kits, traveling, stocking stuffers, and any other use you can think of. To save time and energy I won't repeat what I posted before, just go back and read it.

Here are two great places to get free samples! These are reputable websites and the samples do come.

Walmart
Start Sampling (you must register, & can order a free sample once every 24 hours)
Pinching Your Pennies (register and look in the Less Than a Penny Forum for great freebies!)

I organize my samples really simply....in small plastic tubs on my closet shelf. I used to organize them in Ziploc bags inside the tubs, labeled and everything...but as my sample stash increased that got too complicated and I was running out of room. So I just throw them all in there together. Sometime I will organize them better but it works for me right now. I have my laundry samples in my laundry room on a shelf in a container.

This year I used quite a few free samples as stocking stuffers...the Schick Quattro Titanium Timmer, shoe shine polish, mints, gum, body wash, shampoo.....my hubby got a great stocking and most of it was free! I am also updating our 72 hour kits in the next few months and I will have plenty of stuff on hand to do that.

Start getting free samples today! You will be surprised how many you can get.
Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails