Saturday, October 4, 2008

Walgreens Trip

How much would you estimate I paid for everything pictured here? In case you can't see everything here is a detailed list:


  • 2 packages Huggies size 1 diapers, 56 count
  • Huggies wipes, 232 count
  • 5 Soft soap body washes
  • 3 boxes Children's Tylenol
  • 2 Dawn dish soaps, 13.5 oz
  • Loreal Skin Genesis skin cleanser gel

Would you believe I only paid $25.38? I was missing a few coupons so my total purchase could have been another $5 less if I had those. Regardless though, it was still a great deal!

Walgreens has something they call Register Rewards. If you purchase a certain amount of items that they detail for you, then after your purchase you get back a coupon for money off your next purchase. From my purchase today, I received $20 back in Register Rewards! (My $25 total above is figured after I subtracted the Register Rewards & subtracting the rebate I will be receiving. My out-of- pocket today was $56.66.)

So after factoring in my Register Rewards, I paid $17.22 for all the Huggies items, $1.24 for both bottles of Dawn, $2.45 for all the SoftSoap, $4.47 for all the Tylenol, and $6.99 for the Loreal. The Loreal is on it's own rebate deal, so I will get that full $6.99 back next month. Cool eh?

If you haven't gone to Walgreens to utilize their rebate program, Register Rewards, or great sales, you are missing out! There are many places online that teach you how to shop at Walgreens, so I won't spend my precious time typing it all out again when I can just send you there. Sounds practical, right?

Here is a past post of mine detailing info about rebates.

Walgreens can be kind of confusing because they have several different kinds of coupons, sales, and deals all combined together. PYP has a great explanation about all that for you. Don't forget to combine Walgreen's store coupons with manufacturer coupons for the best deal!

Money Saving Mom has many Walgreens deals posted each week. (If I would have been smart enough to click on her today before I went shopping I would have saved another $5 with the coupon she posted on her site...UGH! I hate it when I miss a coupon. Oh well, I still got great deals.)

I'm sure there are many other places online that are great Walgreen's resources, so if you know of any, please share!

Oh, and you can now submit your Walgreens rebates ONLINE! YAY! No more paper forms and mailing out! I am so excited about that!


Share/Save/Bookmark

2 comments:

Holly (2 Kids and Tired) said...

I'm a Walgreen's fanatic now!

Marne said...

Yay! Isn't it great?

Related Posts with Thumbnails