Monday, May 5, 2008

General Mills sale

From May 4th through May 10th, Albertson's is having a sale on several kinds of General Mills cereal. The sale price is 10 for $10 when you purchase in increments of ten. Combine coupons with this sale and you can get cereal for as little as .50 per box (depending on how many coupons you have). No this sale isn't as good as some others they have had recently, but it is still a decent price. I don't stock up on cereal unless I can get it for .50 or cheaper. Oh, and as you can see from the photo the sale also includes some other items as well.

So where do you find the coupons? There was a coupon in this past Sunday's newspaper (5/4) for $1/2 General Mills cereal. There have also been coupons in past editions of the Sunday paper for the chex mix and fruit snacks as well. But if you don't already have those, then you can always print some coupons off the internet. Unfortunately there are not any cereal printable coupons out there right now, but there are some printable coupons for the other products. Boodle has some of the coupons, as well as Betty Crocker, and Box Tops for Education. You can also click here for more printable coupon links and info about printable coupons.

This might not be a killer sale, but for $1 or less it isn't too bad. It's a good place to start if you want to begin buying ahead a little.


Share/Save/Bookmark

2 comments:

Marne said...

I did some deal shopping today! :)

I purchased
30 of the sale items
4 Cover Girl items (all at 50% off)
5 reusable shopping bags
lettuce
bananas
instant oatmeal
12 Yoplait yogurts

Total after tax was $48.00! AWESOME! I had over $20 in coupons from the newspaper and internet and I saved a total of $118.89.

The Covergirl is a great deal. There are several coupons from the last two Procter and Gamble Sunday inserts. For all 4 items I spent only $8 after the 50% off and coupons I had.

Marne said...

Oh, and this shopping trip is a good example of making sure you carry your coupons with you always. I ran into clearance on the Juicy Juice jugs for $2 each (I bought two, I forgot to put that in my list). Since I had my coupon case with me, I was able to dig out a $1/1 Juicy Juice that I had gotten in the mail. So I saved an extra dollar. Doesn't sound like much but every penny helps.

Related Posts with Thumbnails