Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Freecycle

If you don't know about freecycle, you are missing out! It is a national organization on a local level. There are thousands of local groups across the world. The concept is that instead of throwing things away that are still usable, free cycle them and let someone else use them. Good for the environment too! Join your local group, and you can get things and offer things for free!

I have received many many nice things off freecycle. Clothes for the kids, new diapers, decor, magazines....I can't even remember everything I have gotten. I also have offered lots of things too, and it feels good to help others in need. We all work as a team.

Here is what I was able to score today on freecycle. My husband picked it up for me:

Yes, it is a cute pretend kitchen for my daughter! I am thrilled! Beyond being dusty, having to remove a few stickers and missing one little side of the cupboard, it is in great shape! I was wanting to get her one, and this will save us a good chunk of change.

So, it can be done. Make a list of things you are wanting to get and always be on the lookout. Finding deals takes patience and perseverance. If you can wait, you will always find a way to get it cheaper than full price.

Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails