Friday, March 26, 2010

Frugal Living Friday: Excel Money Tracker

Welcome to Frugal Living Friday! Each week I will feature a tip that can help us stretch our budget and live more frugally! If you have a tip that you want shared on Frugal Living Friday, let me know and you could become a guest blogger for a day.

We all know that budgeting and keeping track of your money is very important when it comes to being frugal. I am so excited to share with you something I found that will help you in this endeavor! A few weeks ago I ran across this incredible spending and saving tracker online at The Coupon Project. (I love talented people like this!)

She has made a spreadsheet in Excel where we can see everything at a glance...most importantly our savings! LOVE IT! Now I don't have to keep track of it all separately...which took a long time and was a pain.

I downloaded the spreadsheet a few weeks ago and here is an example of the last few weeks of receipts I have entered: (click image for a larger view)



Isn't this awesome? I love seeing at a glance what I spent, how many coupons I used, and how much I saved. Now I can print this off and show people exactly how good using coupons can be! (I still have lots of skeptics talk to me.)

Here is what she says the spreadsheet can do:
  • Easily imput your monthly and yearly goals
  • Enter data from your reciepts and let my preset formulas tally your spending, savings, actual-to-budget, and more
  • Track and manage your rebates (NEW!)
  • Determine how much you saved with coupons, store sales, and rebates
  • Have your monthly and year-to-date savings ratio update instantly

I have only played with it for a few weeks and haven't explored everything it can do yet. But I am already loving it. So will you! Head on over to The Coupon Project and download your spreadsheet today! Start keeping track of your savings!


Photobucket
Share/Save/Bookmark

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

wow, you sure save lots! a great site to keep track of your budgeting is Mint.com. It is really nice--and free!

Related Posts with Thumbnails