Additionally, there is more to saving money and being thrifty than just couponing. Don't get me wrong...couponing is a good thing and can save us lots of money. And I coupon on a regular basis.
But there is a point where couponing can get out-of-control obsessive....where we are buying things we don't really need, buying too much of things we do need, and spending valuable time running around when we could be doing other things.
At this busy time in my life I am having to choose to cut some of my couponing time out and spend more time in other areas of my life. Have you felt this way before? If you do, please know that there are many ways to save money, cut back on expenses, and live frugally besides couponing.
- Menu plan. By sticking to a meal plan and buying only what is necessary, you can cut at least 30% off your monthly grocery bill.
- Don't buy extras. Do you really need that box of crackers or that bag of chips? Nope. Skip the packaged snacks and you will also save big.And not just your wallet...but your hips too.
- Don't always be on the go. Just because there are good deals doesn't mean you have to hit every one. Stay home more often and you will cut not only your gasoline bill but your wallet will thank you.
- Skip eating out. The average family eats out at least twice a week. Yikes! That adds up fast. Make homemade pizza instead.
- Start cooking from scratch. It really doesn't take much more time. You only think it does. Give it a try.
- Be thankful! When you appreciate what you have instead of always wanting more, you will be content and not desire more, more, more. We already have so much!