Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Organizing Results

**Please know that I have spent the last 6 years couponing to keep up my supply. I use up and re-stock my supply as needed. I do not hoard. I know many others have much more than this. I only keep on hand what will do our family for 8 months to one year. Once I have enough I don't have to buy for awhile. That's the beauty of stocking up!**

Remember the post I made last week? I really needed to organize underneath my kids bathroom sink, which was where I stashed a lot of my hygiene items I get for free or nearly free.


I don't have extra closet space to store these, so I got an extra tote I had to put them in. I lined the bottom with all my shampoos, conditioners, and a few hair products. I kept out one extra for me, my husband and the kids for when we run out.


I still had quite a bit of space to use up, but I didn't want the tote to become a mess like under the sink was by just throwing stuff in there. So I cut up an empty cardboard box and put half of it on top of the shampoo bottles.

Nice and neat!



Now it was the perfect place to store toothpaste, toothbrushes and floss. Anything oral hygiene. Gotta keep it all together.


Yay! I love being organized. I get just fuzzy thinking about it. I labeled my tote and will store it in my closet for easy access. I also found a smaller plastic tote I wasn't using to keep all my bandaids and ointments in. I wanted those out from under the cupboard anyway because my kids thought they had free reign on the bandaids and were using them up nonstop.

So, want to know what under the sink looks like now? In case you forgot, here is the before shot:

BEFORE:


AFTER:

Much, MUCH better! Now we have room for necessary items under the sink plus growing room. Did I mention that I LOVE being organized?

Do you have an organizing project right now?



Share/Save/Bookmark

5 comments:

April said...

Looks great!!! I need to get my butt in gear and do the same thing.... thanks for the ideas!!!!
(and my kids use all of our band aids too... so we are always out when I really need one LOL)

LyndiLou said...

Nice work!!! It looks sooo great! I'm working on my pantry/cupboards to fit in the newest edition of baby food/dishes! I need to figure out all my paper and scrapbooking supplies too!

Unknown said...

Looks so much better. I have only been using coupons and shopping at walgreen's for a couple of months so I can't wait to grow my stock pile to this size!

Mrs. O said...

It looks great, I've got to do that with my girls' bathroom.

Rachel Berry said...

How smart are you!!! I'm doing this very idea this week! Thanks for the post, my cabinets will be thanking you!

Related Posts with Thumbnails