Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Thrifty Tip Thursday: Popsicles

Popsicles are a big hit in the hot summer months. Our house is no exception!

However, I do try to keep the sugar intake down too....so I make homemade popsicles most of the time.

You know how you end up with overripe fruit and a little bit of yogurt left no one wants to eat? Put those in the blender with some ice, orange juice concentrate and whatever else you have, blend up nice and pour into popsicle molds. I have the vintage Tupperware Ice Tups. I love them. If you don't have popsicle molds you can use small paper cups with a popsicle stick.


photo courtesy of flickr

I carry it a bit further and add in carrots and spinach from my garden so the kiddos get more nutrition. When I use spinach I add in pineapple and honey to sweeten it and blueberries and strawberries so it doesn't look so green.

I love being able to say to my kids when they are asking for their 4th popsicle... "Sure, you can have another popsicle!"

Share/Save/Bookmark

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails