Monday, May 11, 2009

Watch those stray catalinas

Have you ever noticed at Albertson's (or other stores too) that catalina's will be left at the register or even in the garbage by the register? When I see them, I grab them! Even my husband does that for me now. And it paid off last week. My husband was at Albertson's and saw two catalina's sitting there that no one wanted. One was a $5 off any purchase and the other was a $3 off when your purchase 3 Crest, Herbal Essences, or Joy items. Since no one had claimed them he brought them home for me.

Today when I was using my Albertson's doublers, I used that $3 catalina. I got both bottles of Herbal Essences and the Crest toothpaste for only $3.50, including tax!

This is a great example of how holding onto catalina's pays off! I used a $1/1 Crest coupon (that I doubled with the doublers) and a $2/2 Herbal Essences coupon from the 4/19 RP insert. I combined that with the $3 off catalina. I was able to use that $5 catalina last week....just watching and noticing saved me $5. What a great husband I have, and what a GREAT DEAL!

If you got the Albertson's doublers in the newspaper yesterday, you have until tomorrow night to use them. GO HERE on PYP for many doubler ideas. Keep in mind prices vary by location.
Share/Save/Bookmark

2 comments:

Dave and Cindy, and then some... said...

What are catalina's?

Marne said...

Catalina's are those coupons that print out at the register. Fred Meyer, Target, Albertson's are just a few of the stores in my area that have catalina's. When you purchase certain items it triggers catalina's to print. If you watch my posts about Albertson's sales you will see how it works. PYP (Pinching Your Pennies) lists the current catalina offers, sometimes ahead of time, so we can often plan our shopping around them to get the most from our money!

Related Posts with Thumbnails