Thursday, September 13, 2007

Smart Spending

I won't be posting until next week, as my mom is coming into town for Time Out for Women and we are going to be having a fun girls weekend! Here are some fun things to see and think about in the meantime.

I don't know if you have clicked on the Smart Spending link on the right yet, but it is run by Faye Prosser, a lady I met online several years ago. We have done coupon trading amongst each other, and I have learned so much from her smart spending process! She has also written a fabulous book on smart spending. Here are some amazing deals she can get over in North Carolina by doubling and tripling coupons. Check it out! All of these examples are on her website. She is an amazing person!



Triple Coupon Promotion at Harris Teeter, Raleigh, NC July 26, 2007
The above groceries were purchased for a total of 14 cents by coupling sales, tripled coupons and rain checks.
Subtotal before sales and coupons: $130.55
Paid: 14 cents!
Savings 99%

The items I purchased included hummus, vegetarian soy "chicken" patties, vegetarian soy "sausage" links, crescent rolls, steamfresh corn, american cheese, light beef hotdogs, pasta sauce, pasta side, balance protein bars, mustard (like I really needed more mustard!), and a bag of candy to get me into the positive when my order ended up being negative 65 cents.

*******************************************


On August 18, 2006, I purchased the groceries shown above at a Harris Teeter grocery store. They were tripling coupons with a face value up to 99 cents. I stocked up on Mott's 100% juice, Jif peanut butter, canned Tyson chicken, Lipton tea, bottled ice water (especially good during hurricane season!), Dole fruit bowls, Sargento cheese slices, Trix yogurt, Ziploc sandwich and snack bags, ice cream, brownie mix, pop tarts, Skippy and Reese's snack bars, and toaster struedel. We also bought some California roll sushi, but we ate it before I took the picture! Yum!

Subtotal before sales prices & coupons: $188.88
Total Paid: 5 cents ! ($.05)
Savings: 99.99%
Share/Save/Bookmark

2 comments:

April said...

ok this is embarrassing but...what does doubling and tripling coupons mean?

Marne said...

Good question! The topic for the next post is covered. TBA.

Related Posts with Thumbnails